Sunday, June 30, 2013

First 5K

Yesterday I participated in my first ever 5K.  I've been trying to train for one off and on since last November. I started training, then quit sometime mid January. I began running again in late April, and got serious about it by the end of May. All of June I told myself I was going to do this, but all this week I was trying to talk myself out of it. I'm SO glad I didn't.

It was a great time at the United Way Color Dash! I couldn't have picked a more fun outing for my first 5k. I'm hooked now. I am looking forward to whatever next race comes up. By the end of the race I was still going and ready for more. Most of my workouts are a mind game of trying to to quit just short of my goal. So, needless to say I was surprised. I wish I'd have pushed harder for a better time, but I was worried I'd run out of gas. Next go round it will be faster.

It was a fun time and a great adventure! At every turn someone was throwing "color" (dyed cornstarch)! I even had it in inside my ears. lol! I am thankful for friends who prayed me on, encouraged me not to quit, and showed up to run along or to cheer. That made all the difference!


Hebrews 12:1-2Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.



Linked:

Scripture and Snapshot

©2012-2013 Loving and Learning on the High Plains. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.homeschoolhighplains.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing your first 5K! A color run looks like fun though I've never participated in one. Love the verse you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! I'm thinking about doing a Color Run in a few weeks... :) you are so awesome! I'm proud of you!! :) Maybe someday we can do one together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOOOO fun!!!! You will love it! YES, we should!

      Delete

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...