One of my favorite winter vegetables is acorn squash. I love that as long as you keep it from being scratched or frozen, it will keep for quite a while! Just last week we enjoyed the last of the acorn squash from our garden. I'd kept some until Christmas last year, but I truly was amazed at how good it was, even in January... months after I had picked it from my garden! Here is is in September.
Thanks to my friend Kristin, I had the perfect recipe to use it with. (Thank you Kristin, for sharing it with me!) Enjoy!
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Slice a medium sized acorn squash into rings, 3/4 inch or so, and arrange in oiled baking dish or cookie sheet.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the squash. You could use olive oil if you like.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup (or more!) grated Parmesan cheese over the rings and salt and pepper to taste, and maybe a sprinkle of thyme.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the squash is soft when it's poked and the Parmesan is crispy!