Monday, February 4, 2013

Acorn Squash


One of my favorite winter vegetables is acorn squash. I love that as long as you keep it from being scratched or frozen, it will keep for quite a while! Just last week we enjoyed the last of the acorn squash from our garden. I'd kept some until Christmas last year, but I truly was amazed at how good it was, even in January... months after I had picked it from my garden! Here is is in September.

Thanks to my friend Kristin, I had the perfect recipe to use it with. (Thank you Kristin, for sharing it with me!) Enjoy!






Acorn Squash Rings with Parmesan Cheese


  • Preheat your oven to 350.
  • Slice a medium sized acorn squash into rings, 3/4 inch or so, and arrange in oiled baking dish or cookie sheet.
  • Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the squash. You could use olive oil if you like.
  • Sprinkle 1/4 cup (or more!) grated Parmesan cheese over the rings and salt and pepper to taste, and maybe a sprinkle of thyme.
  • Bake for 45 minutes or until the squash is soft when it's poked and the Parmesan is crispy!

Linked:



Featured on Morsels of Life: Five Friday Finds

6 comments:

  1. My grandpa would grow this in Montana & grandma would slice it in half, bake it, & add real butter & just a tad of brown sugar. Yum! I remember buying it occasionally & it was very hard to slice but that is probably why it keeps so long. I might try to grow some this year for the first time. Thanks for sharing! Love & prayers, in Jesus, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try it again! Thanks for popping in! -L

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I feel like I cook the same thing over and over, because I don't have the time to learn how to cook new things. I like this recipe. Looks simple and easy to remember! I will try this soon! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So simple! Can't believe I waited 4 months to try it! ;)

      Delete
  3. This recipe looks so tasty and easy! Good thing I have some acorn squash around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so very good. I love squash. Thanks so much for linking up with "Try a New Recipe Tuesday!" I hope you will be able to join us again this week. Many blessings, Lisa :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...