Thursday, January 3, 2013

Joy from Jessica


One of my blessings in December 2012 was the visit I had from my dear sister, Jessica. It was so busy during Christmas that I didn't get to share about it with you all, but it was really very awesome! Jessica arrived on a Tuesday that we didn't have any major plans, so when the kids and I drove to Denver to pick her up, we had a great time running around downtown.


It is easy to park and then get around downtown Denver on foot (or trolley). So we did! We rode the length of the 16th street mall, and had lunch at Noodles & Co. We had a great time exploring the outdoor art around the Denver Art Museum:



We also enjoyed visiting the outdoor German Market that is set up downtown, just during the holidays. I had seen it last year when I took the girls to the Nutcracker for Christmas, but we were late for the show and couldn't check it out. It was much more fun getting to go there and shop, and we even found a lovely Christmas ornament for a souvenir.  



One of the best giggles came from this display at the Russian vendor:


ummm Madonna? I found my self singing this Sesame Street Song as we walked around. :)

Over the next week, we took Jessica with us to the Farmer's Market, our Awana Christmas Party, and to visit a local school I'm trying to interest her in. She also spent a heap of time with my Grandma, and helped her get her Christmas cards done, which was a huge blessing. I miss her already. My favorite part was when everyone told us we look like twins... since I'm a decade older, that was awesome!

Sisters are a true blessing. I just wish mine didn't live so far away!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...