Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Laura's Lemon Bars




A while back I had to put together a dessert on short notice, but didn't have time to run to the store. It was then that I happened upon this recipe for Easy Lemon Bars, but I was missing a few of the ingredients, so I changed it... quite a bit. :)

They were a hit! So here's the recipe for you:


Laura's Lemon Bars

  • One lemon cake mix
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 egg
Mix these three items and reserve one cup of this dough before pressing in a 9x13 baking dish and baking at 350 until puffed for a crust. Don't quite let it brown, since it will bake again.
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1/2 cup yogurt (I used home-made)
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 egg
  • and 1/2 cup of reserved dough (save the last 1/2 cup for topping)

Blend this and pour over par-baked crust. 

  • 1/2 cup reserved dough
  • 1/4 cup flour


Mix until crumbly and sprinkle over as a top layer. Bake until golden brown around the edges, cool and cut into squares; drizzle with vanilla almond bark.


Today I'm joining a blog hop over at:



I hope you get over to see all the fun recipes!



©2012-2013 Loving and Learning on the High Plains. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.homeschoolhighplains.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...