Wednesday, March 14, 2012

2011 Garden

All this warm weather has me itching to get out and plant. I'm hoping by the end of the week to have my cold frames up and planted, but it's looking like a hectic week might derail that. [Edit, they are in! Check them out HERE and Here] But until I get planting, I'll be processing my notes and photos of last year's garden. See the list below and watch for the links to the related posts:

Spring Garden 2011 review: Lettuce, spinach, cabbage, and peas
Tomatoes 2011: mainly Roma
Cucumbers 2011: trying different trellising
Sunflowers 2011: missing seeds!
Green beans 2011 and the story of the wet spring
...and more posts in the works.


In the mean time, here's a photo time lapse of last year's garden.

Late June

From left to right: Tomatoes, broccoli, beans, zucchini, sunflowers with cucumber vine, zinnias, watermelon, corn. (not shown: potatoes, carrots, cabbage, lettuce, peas, and spinach).

Early August

Early September


Just before we turned it under


Final Bounty

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
To everything there is a season,A time for every purpose under heaven:
A time to be born,    And a time to die; A time to plant,    And a time to pluck what is planted;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...