Monday, June 18, 2012

Garden Update, Mid June



The beans are coming up in the field that our neighbor farms for us.

We haven't gotten to enjoy very much lettuce because of our guinea hens eating so much of it. Thankfully they do not like spinach; we have been eating a bountiful supply of that!
This week I put screens up over the lettuce so that the cucumber plants, which I have planted in between the lettuce beds, will have something to climb on, up, and over.



Also this week we had to replant a lot of my green beans. Several plants did not germinate well this spring and had to be replanted.

I am enjoying watching the tomatoes come up well. Also sprouting is the zucchini, pumpkin, and watermelon. For father's day I gave Ben a ghost pepper plant!

An exciting new addition are the two new barn cats! Both are calico girls, but Tabitha is short haired and Fluffy is long haired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...